Crane operator needed in Canada by N R Excavating & Services Ltd
Crane operators are responsible for lifting and moving materials around a construction site as safely and efficiently as possible. As a crane driver you’d need to be practically-minded, with an understanding of how to drive and maintain heavy machinery.
- Location: Surrey, BC
- Salary: 33.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Night, Overtime, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 3 vacancies
We are looking for a crane operator to be responsible for operating various types of cranes, from stationary to traveling overhead cranes, and truck cranes. The crane operator’s responsibilities include knowledge of lever and pedal control, driving cranes to the worksite, setting up the manufacturer’s operator’s manual, inspecting the crane for safety daily, and operating the crane under general supervision. You should be able to lift and lower materials with precision and transport heavy equipment to worksites.
To be successful as a crane operator, you should operate cranes efficiently, take complete charge of all safety, clean and maintain the hoisting mechanisms, and handle the process of job billing. Ultimately, a top-notch crane operator should set and maintain a standard of accuracy, be able to work in extreme weather conditions, and operate the crane according to verbal, written, or signal instruction.
Crane Operator Responsibilities:
- Operating the crane under supervision.
- Inspecting the crane to ensure its safety.
- Performing routine maintenance.
- Carrying tools for running repairs.
- Understanding and executing the job billing process.
- Driving the crane to a worksite.
- Wearing PPT safety equipment.
- Cleaning and maintaining the crane hoisting mechanism.
- Using lever and pedal controls efficiently.
- Setting up the manufacturer’s operator manual.
Crane Operator’s Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- CDL Class B license.
- CDL Class A license preferred.
- Must possess NCCCO or equivalent crane operator certification.
- Minimum of 4 years industry experience.
- Knowledge of OSHA Regulations, and ANSI Standards in crane operations.
- Proficient in oral and written communication skills.
- Pass drug test, background, and medical check.
- Daily and monthly equipment inspections.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
Work site environment
- Urban area
- Willing to relocate
- Remote location
- Various locations
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Operate mobile and tower cranes to lift, move, position or place equipment and materials
- Operate pile driving cranes to drive pilings into earth to provide support for buildings and other structures
- Assemble tower cranes on site
- Operate bridge or overhead cranes to lift, move and place plant machinery and materials
- Perform pre-operational inspection, and calculate crane capacities and weight to prepare for rigging and hoisting
- Perform routine maintenance work
Experience and specialization
Type of cranes
- Conventional cable crane, wheeled
- Overhead crane
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Driver’s validity license check
- Valid driver’s license
- Willing to travel
- Drive manual transmission vehicle
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Sound discrimination
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
|Job Category||crane operator, JOB BOARD|