MAINTENANCE AND SERVICE PLUMBER
Chantier Davie Canada
Levis, QC, Canada
Chantier Davie Canada Inc. is Canada’s largest shipbuilding and repair yard. Based on values such as success, dynamic, accountability and relationship. You have a taste for adventure and want to start an exceptional career in an environment where you will have the opportunity to grow. Come support the nation with us. We build and repair Canadian ships for the Department of National Defence, Transport Canada and the Canadian Coast Guard.
As a maintenance and service plumber, you must perform an erection, installation, maintenance and repair work on various types of piping and components on gas, water and sewer systems, sprinkler systems and building plumbing.
More specifically, you will:
- Read and interpret plans, work orders, sketches, diagrams and specifications for the work;
- • Make drafts, sketches and diagrams when necessary;
- • Use parts manuals to identify and list parts needed for the job;
- • Use technical manuals as reference documents;
- • Establish the layout of the various pipe sections, taking into account the layout of equipment structures and other obstructions;
- • Develop templates where necessary to perform the work;
- • Cut or drill holes in structures using required tools, taking into account the properties of the materials and the size of the opening needed for the pipe to pass through;
- • Locate, mark, prepare, install and maintain various pipe supports;
- • Make system connections to control elements using pipes;
- • Assemble structural elements and supports for components such as gauges, valves, pumps, condensers, hoses, pipes, etc.;
- • Start up networks and systems and ensure their proper functioning;
- • Perform tests using gas or fluid under pressure or vacuum;
- • Check or test piping using various procedures to detect leaks and ensure the network meets standards and specifications;
- • Carry out work and use tools according to applicable standards and procedures;
- • Perform any other related tasks as requested by his/her superior.
- • Hold a DVS in plumbing and heating;
- • Must absolutely hold a CCQ card as a journeyman plumber;
- • OR hold a certificate in plumbing-piping issued by Emploi Québec.
In order to be selected, you need to undergo the investigation and security clearance process required by the Federal Government’s Contract Security Program