Getting your Tier 4 UK student visa is all about following the rules, and it’s easier than you might think to get your tier 4 uk student visa approved by the British Home Office. Follow these four steps, and you’ll have everything you need to kick off your college career in England!
Step 1: Confirm your eligibility
To apply for a Tier 4 student visa, you must be eligible. There are certain requirements that need to be met before you can apply, such as:
– You must not have undertaken more than 60 months of full-time higher education study, either on this route or by any other route, in any country at any time before the date of application.
– You will not have completed your course before the end of the course start date specified on your certificate of acceptance from an approved United Kingdom institution.
– Your course must lead to a qualification equivalent to a United Kingdom bachelors degree or above (e.g., masters).
Step 2: Prepare the required documents
This is a list of the different documents you will need to show your university’s admissions office:
– Original passport, which must be valid for at least six months and have two blank pages.
– The original copy of your certificate of completion from your secondary school.
– A certified copy of one of the following documents: birth certificate, marriage or civil partnership certificate, or a letter from an embassy confirming that you are not currently married or engaged.
– Proof that you have a visa for the country where you will be studying (if required).
– Proof that you have enough money to support yourself for the duration of your course.
Step 3: Submit an application and pay fees
Next, you’ll need to submit an application for your Tier 4 uk visa. Submit your application online and pay the relevant fees with a Mastercard or VISA debit or credit card. You will be given the option of paying by bank transfer, but this option is not recommended as it takes longer to process.
The next step is to wait while your application is processed. It usually takes up to three weeks but could take longer if additional information is required. If you have applied for an extension on any previous study visa, it can take even longer due to the extra checks that are made against Home Office records.
If successful, you’ll receive your full biometric residence permit within two weeks after the Home Office has approved your application.
Step 4: Check application status
You may need to wait for 10 working days before you can check the status of your application. In the meantime, it’s a good idea to save your confirmation email as proof that you applied.
1) Visit the Home Office website and enter your details to check your application status. You will be redirected to another page with a list of options and a drop-down menu on top. Click Application Status from the drop-down menu and hit Apply Now.
2) Enter all necessary information, including passport number and National Insurance number (if applicable). After entering this data, you’ll see an overview of your application status and whether or not you’ve successfully applied for your tier 4 uk student visa.